6.2K views

(For those reading: feel free to post this elsewhere to warn others.)

I had a hair transplant procedure done at Bosley over two years ago. I waited until now to write this, because everywhere I looked I found that most people who were not seeing results from their procedure were told to practice patience, that with time the results will come. Needless to say, I practiced patience, but the results never came.

I went in thinking I was making an informed decision. I had done a bit of research prior to my consultation. Every time I came across a review or complaint by a dissatisfied client, I read responses to such reviews and complaints. The responses always indicated that this customer’s experience was unusual and not typical and that the majority of transplants were very successful with a high yield of results. I searched various sources for information and felt confident in my decision. In hindsight I realize that maybe desperation played a role in the weight I placed on the responses I read. But I realize now, that the places where I thought I was reading reliable information, I was merely stepping into trap after trap that convinced me to act with such a terrible decision.

A decision that has cost me both a lot of money, and a lot of hair. The area where they remove the hair to be transplanted to thinning/balding areas, becomes scarred and that hair never returns. They don’t just remove the hairs, they remove a chunk of your scalp.

The people they have speaking to customers during consultations are not physicians. Yet, they do what only physicians are supposed to do including examining patients, making a diagnosis, and recommending the next course of action.

If you decide to go forth with your procedure despite the warnings, be prepared to say goodbye to a good chunk of change, and a good chunk of your hair and scalp.

If Bosley is good at one thing, it is MARKETING. I wish it was hair transplants that they were good at, but it’s not. Good advertizing does not equal to good results.

They also told me to continuously apply minoxidil 5% even after the procedure. That should have been enough of a red flag for me but it wasn’t. I could have bypassed the entire procedure altogether and simply applied minoxidil, but my judgment was clearly clouded at the time.

I’ve complained to Bosley, and they’ve offered me a second procedure for free, but I will not make the same mistake twice.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Bosley. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Bosley to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was fraud, does not work and lot hair and money. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Bosley and bosley procedure for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments